Saturday, March 24, 2007

Nipponbashi Festa

This was my last photo opp before moving back to Australia. I accidentally went to the festival last year but because i was just meeting someone for lunch i didn't have my camera. I'm not sure what the festival is all about but there are lots of strange people, dressed like cartoon characters and young women dressed in maids outfits. The festival itself is just shit. They block of the street and there's a float about every 10mins that usually has about 3-5 people in it. The people in the crowd are much more interesting and thats where all my photos are from.

remember to click to see large photo

i think this is my favourite pic from the festival. the
50mm 1.8 is a great little head portrait lens on digital.

I'm not sure how old these girls were but they
were easily the favourites. Most of them work in
cosuplay maid bars in the area.

more maids

some more weird people





this guy seemed to be the pimp for one of the
girls in maid costume.












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My comments are not related to the series of photos but to this particular photo.... I really like this photo and I was wondering if it would be possible to buy it?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brettinjapan/217333725/
let me know. Looking forward to your answer. Contact me by email titova.tatiana@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!